Deporvillage completes ISRG integration with exit of founders
Deporvillage is completing its integration process into the Iberian Sports Retail Group's portfolio, a joint venture formed by JD Sports, Sprinter and Sport Zone for its business in the Iberian market, as its founders, Xavier Pladellorens and Ángel Corcuera, leave the company.
Pladellorens will be leaving the company on October 17 after serving 12 years as CEO.
"Life consists of stages and today the most intense and exciting stage of my life ends. I take with me some experiences that I could not have imagined 12 years ago when we founded the company. Now it's time to take some time to think about what to do in this new stage, which I hope will also be very interesting," said the executive in a statement.
Corcuera, product manager (CPO) of Deporvillage, will also be leaving the company in the coming months. Their respective positions will be filled by ISRG group executives, although the conglomerate has not disclosed any appointments for the time being.
The departure of Deporvillage's founders has also led to a change in the company's shareholding. While Iberian Sports Retail Group took 80% of the capital in June 2021, it has now raised its stake to 98%, while the remaining 2% remains in the hands of Pladellorens and Corcuera.
Deporvillage was founded in 2010 as an e-commerce company specialising in the sale of sports equipment. Since then, it has gradually grown to generate a turnover of €160 million by 2021. Its platform, available in six languages, distributes more than 100,000 items from 680 brands (including its own brands) to around a hundred markets. The company is headquartered in Manresa (Barcelona) and employs more than 300 people.
Copyright © 2023 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.